Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Table attempt

I spent the day at my parent's house yesterday, trying to finalize how my tea table will be set. My mom and I had a grand time.

With an aisle's worth of Hobby Lobby decorative glass and other random crafty bits, we piled and moved stuff for several hours.

We ended up using several things from around my mom's house - like that turquoise Scottie planter. I may accidentally lose that one!

I ended up leaving with a pretty good list of needed finishing touches. One of which was a red, square pincushion. So that's what I did today.

He's about 4" square, and an inch high. Stuffed with ground walnut shells again. I love them! They give a wonderful weight and form that lentils do not.

I obviously had to add a little gnome. Now that I've tasted the kool-aid, I am going to need serious restraint to keep from turning everything into a fabric covered button.

Thought I'd show the cute back - I really do love that Figgy Pudding!

10 comments:

Dee said...

Mr. Gnome is hot! LOL Really, everything you've done is incredible and such a labor of love. You will knock their socks off!

Rene' said...

More cute stuff!!! Keep it coming!!

Jenny said...

Your table looks great!
My 4 year old and I have also tasted that fabric covered button kool-aid and there is no end is sight!!

Leslie said...

this table is going to be a vision to behold!!! love the scotty dog.

One Flew Over said...

WOW! It has come together so nicely!

Allie said...

I want to come!!!

Jodie B-C said...

Everything looks so adorable!!

Anonymous said...

Everything is coming together so nicely!! Glad you had fun with your Mom!

craft-crazed said...

Everything has turned out so great!!!!! and I like the gnomes! :)

~candace

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

glad you had a fun time playing with your mom!! i can't wait to see the finished table!