Sunday, July 11, 2010

Use my stash year : week 28

I cut and finished this cute, quick baby quilt top. I love it!

Becket was my holder today - perfect size for him to help. It's 36" square. Now I just need a quick back /quilt it / and I'm thinking a bold pink binding.


Not sure on the quilting yet, but since it's so small I'm considering pebbles. I haven't done them in a while. Straight lines are so tedious and I may be able to stomach doing them on a quilt this size, but I don't think it would do anything for the design. You'll know I couldn't make a decision if it ends up stippled!


Busted: 1.19
Purchased: 0!!
Net YTD: (34.75)


This week I'll be visiting my grandma - so I hope to get a table topper whipped up. And my sister in law will be there, it's her birthday in a week, so a couple of little gifts are on the list, too. I have a bunch to get done in the next few days!

9 comments:

Leslie said...

this turned out so cute. i love it....can't wait to see what quilting you decide on

Stephanie said...

This is lovely. I like the colors you've chosen.

Stephanie
blackcoffeequilts.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Oh this one is so cute, the helper too!

~Michelle~ said...

love this! Maybe you could pebble outside the prints, and just straight-line outline inside the bow-tie prints?

CitricSugar said...

It's beautiful! You could try picking an interesting geometric or floral fabric for the back and following its lines for quilting instead, making the front very random and unexpected...

Stephanie said...

Well, I'm a huge fan of pebbles... I just love the puffiness. I just pebble quilted the duck quilt I made, but even on a baby quilt, you do go through a lot of thread. Can't wait to see it finished, the dark pink binding will really be nice! Love this design :)

Little Lady Patchwork said...

Sorry that we have lost touch, but now we are found again!

Love your table topper. The color pallette is amazing.

Enjoy your trip,
Stefanie

Dee said...

Just beautiful! This turned out so pretty! The oversized blocks are way, way too much fun.

Hug your grandma tight. Mine are all gone and I miss them mightily!

Nichole said...

this turned out beautifully. the colors are really great